My son was disabled prior to age 18 and is now 39. He lives with us at home and draws Social Security benefits on his dad’s work record. I will be 62 in June and have applied for early retirement. Will our son be able to draw from my work record as well?


He will only be able to draw on one parent’s work record. The Social Security Administration will select the one that provides the higher payment for your son.