Placing a loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility is an act of trust. Unfortunately, that trust is sometimes violated due to inadequate staffing levels, mismanaged care, neglect and elder abuse.
When a nursing home doesn’t live up to its responsibility to care for your loved one, you need an advocate to work on your behalf and if necessary, take the nursing home or assisted living facility to court. To improve your chances of a successful outcome, choose an advocate who specializes in nursing home litigation, as Vasiliadas and Associates does.
Vasiliadis and Associates will also challenge nursing homes on your behalf if public benefits are denied or terminated, quality of care issues, wrongful death, injury, or to block discharge from a nursing facility.
When visiting your loved one, watch for these signs, which may indicate abuse or neglect:
- Signs of abuse such as bruising, broken bones, bed sores, cuts, scarring
- Depression and anxiety
- Poor hygiene
- Fear when receiving treatment from a staff member
- Insufficient or long waits for medical treatment
- Frequent crying
- Incomplete health reports or care reports
- Unusual increase in hospitalization
- Unusual change in prescription medicines