Dionysios C. Pappas, Esquire, CELA is certified as an elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation, as accredited by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He is co-managing member of Vasiliadis Pappas Associates LLC. He practices exclusively in the areas of elder law, trust and estate planning, trust and estate administration, special needs planning, and veterans’ pension benefits planning. Mr. Pappas’ practice encompasses the Lehigh Valley and greater Eastern Pennsylvania.
He is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. A graduate of the Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D. 2004), Mr. Pappas received his undergraduate degree in political science from Temple University (B.A. 2001, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha) with a specialization in political economy and minors in history (Phi Alpha Theta) and economics.
Mr. Pappas is a VA accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs. He was a contributing author to Elder Law in Pennsylvania, Ch. 8 – Veterans’ Benefits (3rd ed., PBI Press 2012; 4th ed., PBI Press 2015).
Mr. Pappas frequently lectures and contributes articles to professional and community organizations on issues in his subject matter area, including appearances on “Your Financial Choices” – Talk Radio for Your Finances” (NPR – Lehigh Valley WDIY 88.1 FM). He was selected for inclusion as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star® in the field of elder law from 2010 to 2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Elder Law, Probate & Trust Law Sections
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Elder Law Section Council (2011), Treasurer (2014-2015), Secretary (2015-2016), Vice Chair (2016-2017), Chair-Elect (2017-2018), Chair (2018-2019)
- Lehigh County Bar Association – Estates & Trusts Committee
- Northampton County Bar Association – Elder Law (Chair 2017-2018, 2018-2019), Estates & Trust Law, and Tax Law Committees
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of the Lehigh Valley – Board of Directors (2014 – 2018)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys – Board of Directors (2018)
- Muhlenberg College Board of Associates (2012-2018)
- Northampton Community College Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council (2016-2018)